Friday, November 07, 2008

This wasn't good
--Honey and Garlic Pork Roast



Honey and Garlic Pork Roast
500 3-Ingredient Recipes Copyright 2004

4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup honey
1 boneless center-cut pork roast, about 3 pounds

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Combine the garlic and honey in a small mixing bowl. Put the pork on a rack in a roasting pan and brush well with the honey mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes per pound, basting every 15 minutes with more of the honey, until a meat thermometer reads 150 degrees F. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes, then carve.

Yield: 6 servings
_____________________

This looked so nice when I pulled it out of the oven. I had high hopes for it. Unfortunately it had a funky smell. Although this was cooked at a low enough temperature that the garlic and honey on the pork didn't burn, the excess that fell onto the foil beneath it burned and I think that infused the meat with an odd odor that really turned me off. It's a shame - it was a really nice piece of pork and it came out very tender.

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not boring all of you but I'd still like to perk things up around here. I'm still thinking on it.

Now for the weekly recap:

Monday was a freestyled Mexican lasagna (tortillas, cheese, taco-seasoned meat, a drizzle of taco sauce) and corn.

Tuesday was this pork, filling (stuffing, dressing, etc) and leftover corn.

Wednesday was supposed to be a stir-fry or beef fried rice with pot stickers but I ended up making the steak with Chamberlain's Rub again, with buttered rice and green beans. I used the Griddler this time since it was too dark outside to grill. Oh, how I hate this time of year. I'll have to move the grill closer to the light out there. Although, the steak came out great on the Griddler.

Last night I pulled out some meatballs I had frozen and made the sauce from this Meatballs Stroganoff recipe. I didn't use the mushrooms or onions but it wasn't bad and it used ingredients I had on hand. I served it over cavatappi and we had corn too. (I know, what's with all the corn? My son loves corn and would eat if every night if he could.)

Salad was available every night too.

Tonight is ............. take out! Pizza, maybe subs. I'm really in love with homemade pizza again but this week was just too hectic.

This week felt 'off'. I think the time change is having a negative effect on me. Hopefully I'll get used to it soon.

Have a good weekend!

4 comments:

Randi said...

I think the time change is effecting everyone!!

I know how you can kick things up? What about featuring a new ingredient( to you and your family) each week? Maybe try some different grains, veggies, etc.

Anonymous said...

I've never had very much luck with my "3 ingredients" cookbooks. I know I have a couple still packed in storage.

Rochelle R. said...

That is a shame about the pork. It looked so good. Burnt garlic is a bad thing for sure. Been there done that :). You have been blogging for so long that I see how you could be getting a little bored. I agree with some of the other comments on trying out some kind of monthly or weekly "theme". It amazes me that you can post so often with your long work hours and busy family life.

Sara said...

i'm with your son, i love corn too! i'm sorry to hear the dish didn't work out, i hate it when that happens. i do like your post title though. :)