Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I think I'll take the entire week off



Everything seems to be okay for the moment but I've had a few nights of interrupted sleep. Well, I've had about 6 months of interrupted sleep but these past two nights I've had a bit more interruptions than usual.

Everyone is well for the moment but I'm STRESSED OUT worrying about everyone being healthy for Thanksgiving. I'm only on the hook for pies and mashed potatoes but I really don't want to miss it. I even get to make the pumpkin pies this year (usually my mom makes those).

I'll also be making the best Butterscotch Pie (my brother's favorite).



Every year the Haagen Daaz ice cream I use in that pie goes on sale right before Thanksgiving, 2 for $5 the past few years but it was 2 for $6 this year.

I will also try another new chocolate pie recipe. I still haven't found anything close to the perfect chocolate pie. And there will be one more experimental pie. I'll report on those after the holiday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Sheila said...

I hope your son is better and that y'all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.